Do you have a question about insurance? Here you will find the most frequently asked questions that we receive. If you can’t find the answer to your query, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01 231 9332 or send us an email.

Is an insurance company? is managed by City Financial Marketing Group Ltd an insurance broker regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland. City Financial Marketing Group Ltd is also a member of Brokers Ireland. specialise in getting our clients low cost car insurance with great policy benefits.

How does quote the best value premiums? use a bank of 12 different Insurance Underwriters who supply us with insurance quotes. We then offer you the best quote depending on your circumstances.

What are the different types of insurance cover available?

You may choose to buy Comprehensive Cover, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party only. You can choose which cover is best suited to you. You can ask our experts for advice as it’s something we deal with every day. It is entirely up to you.

Comprehensive Cover

Comprehensive insurance is the broadest coverage available. Comprehensive insurance normally (but not always) includes the most amount of benefits. In the unfortunate event that you are involved in an accident and you are found at fault your comprehensive cover will pay for any third party claims and the cost to repair your car, or, if the car is deemed to be a write off, the cost to replace the car. Comprehensive cover will also cover the cost to replace, repair the car if the car is stolen, lost or damaged by fire. Please check these benefits before you purchase.

Third Party Fire and Theft

Third Party Fire and Theft insurance will cover you for any third party claims if you are involved in an accident and are found to be at fault. However it will not cover the cost to repair your car. Third Party Fire and Theft cover will also cover the cost to replace or repair the car if the car is stolen, lost or damaged by fire.

Third Party Only

Third Party insurance will cover you for any third party claims if you are involved in an accident and are found to be at fault. However, it will not cover the cost to repair your car if the car is stolen, lost or damaged by fire.

Is windscreen cover included on my Comprehensive policy?

Most of our Comprehensive policies will automatically include windscreen cover up to a certain limit. We will notify you prior to cover if this has not been included on your policy. In some case we can add windscreen onto a Third Party Fire and Theft policy. We will provide you with the various options and you choose which suits you best.

Can I buy my insurance cover online?

At the moment, we don’t provide an online quotation system. In order to get you the best available rates, one of our experts will go through each detail of your policy and this way we can get you the policy most suited to your needs.

What happens after I pay for my insurance?

We will send you a cover letter by post or email confirming receipt of payment and confirming that your car is now insured and cover is in force. A proposal form will be attached to complete and return to – You have seven days to return this form along with the requested supporting documents.

What documents will I be asked to supply?

When you buy the policy, you will be asked to provide us with some documents. A cover letter will be issued to you asking you to return these documents to us. The documents we require vary from policy to policy. Details of the documents we require are set out below. Please note there may be additional documents not listed that we could request. The cover letter will list the documents that we will need from you.

Proposal Form
In most motor insurance policies we will ask you to sign and return a proposal. Please check that all details on the proposal are correct. If any details are incorrect you should contact us immediately.

Drivers Licence
We require all policy holders to send us a copy of their drivers licence. It is important you send us a copy of both the front and back of your driver’s licence. We will also look for a copy of driver’s licences for any drivers named on the policy.

Certificate of No Claims Discount

For every year you are driving without an accident or a claim, you are entitled to a year’s no claims discount. These discounts are then used to reduce your insurance premium. This is usually obtained at the renewal stage of your insurance policy and is issued with your renewal invitation pack.

There are three types of discounts that we can use to help reduce your premium:

Earned No Claims Bonus: This is a bonus earned in your own name and the registration should be the same on the No Claims Bonus as the vehicle you wish to insure.

Mirrored No Claims Bonus: This is a bonus that is currently being used and earned on a different vehicle. Some insurers will allow us to mirror your no claims bonus and provide an introductory discount on the vehicle you wish to insure.

Named Driver Experience: This is a discount earned for being named on someone else’s policy. Please see below for a full description of named driver experience.

Letter of Driving Experience
A letter of driving experience is normally where you have been named on another policy – for example you may be a named driver on your wife’s/husband’s/parent’s/employer’s policy. In these cases we look for the insurance company to issue you with a letter confirming the number of years you have been named and confirm any claims details you may have.

Gap in Cover Letter
Some insurance companies allow you a no claims discount even if your last policy expired prior to taking out the policy with In the case where there is a break between the policies we will require you to complete a ‘gap in cover’ letter. This letter asks you to confirm that you have had no accidents or claims since the expiry date of the last policy. Normally, the maximum period an insurer will allow a gap to be is 2 years.

Direct Debit Mandate
If you have chosen to pay your insurance policy monthly we will set up a direct debit with the insurance company. In order to set the direct debit up, we will send you a direct debit form. The form must be completed and returned to our office, not to the insurers. Please note that we can only accept the mandate by post or a very clear scan. Please send all direct debit mandates to:, Insurance House, 62A Terenure Road North, Terenure, Dublin 6w, D6W CF54.

Below is a table of the dates that each insurer collects their monthly payment:

Insurer Date

AXA – 1st working day of every month

Liberty – Same date as your renewal each month

Zurich – Same date as your renewal each month

Aviva – Same date as your renewal each month

Allianz – The first Friday after your renewal date

Close Premium Finance – Same date as your renewal each month

When will I receive my car insurance certificate and disc?

Once we have received the proposal form and all the requested documents, an annual certificate of insurance and disc for your windscreen will be issued to you.

I currently drive a van but would like to change to a car; can I transfer my no claims bonus?

Yes we can arrange to match the no claims bonus you have earned on your van and transfer this discount to the new car insurance policy.

How do I make amendments to my policy?

To make any changes whether permanent or temporary, you need to call our customer service team. Please call us on 01 231 9332.

What is my policy excess?

Each policy has different excess and this can depend on the type of car insured or the age of the drivers covered on the policy. Your policy schedule will give you the details of your policy excess.

What is a car insurance excess?

Car insurace policy excess varies depending on your policy. A policy excess is the amount you pay in the event of a claim where there is damage or loss to your car. For example, if your policy excess is €250.00 and you have an accident where the cost of repair is €2,000. The insurers in this case will pay you €2,000 less the €250 so the total you will receive is €1,750.